The Paediatric Nurse was founded by Brooke Batchelor, a paediatric nurse and qualified teacher, after she experienced the frustration of finding affordable and accessible continuing professional development that was relevant to her paediatric nursing practice.
Through this frustration, she decided to set up an online platform that assisted paediatric nurses in meeting their continuing professional development (CPD) annual registration standard requirement, with the Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia.
In August 2018, The Paediatric Nurse CPD/CE platform was launched and began delivering live and recorded webinars featuring expert speakers from all over the world.
Educate nurses and empower patients
We believe that with access to relevant, affordable and evidence-based professional development, all members of the paediatric healthcare team can provide opportunities for children & their families to have a voice and receive care that is meets all of their needs.
Our profit-for-purpose business model ensures a sustainable, long-term goal of improving paediatric healthcare experiences through programs that fund paediatric post-graduate training for nurses, funding hospital familiarisation programs and supporting play therapy programs to assist with aftercare or post-hospitalisation readjustment.
We improve access to the experts in paediatric knowledge and increase patient satisfaction through better care
We exist so that you can receive evidence-based CPD/CE that is affordable, accessible and relevant to your practice by breaking down the barriers that prevent you from meeting with the experts.
We exist to advocate for children in healthcare ensuring that they receive care that considers the whole child within the context of their family and the effects that the care they receive may have on their emotional wellbeing.
What we advocate for
• Empowerment – by providing engaging and relevant CPD/CE opportunities, we hope to influence the future directions of paediatric healthcare in Australia
• Advocacy – we take child health and protection seriously and as registered nurses, we aim to advocate for Australian children to ensure their needs and rights are met
• Access – the opportunity to speak directly to the experts and access the latest in evidenced-based care
• Community – we encourage the essence of community and connection by making this space just as much yours as it is ours- your suggestions are always valued!
• Passionate – our love for paediatric nursing is infectious
• Selfcare – when nurses look after their own health & wellbeing, their practice can soar to new heights
How we support, inspire and advocate
• Is an international online membership community that champions the success of paediatric nurses the world over
• We provide continuing professional development (CPD) education/CE, training, resources and support for nurses via our online membership and social media channels
• Helping paediatric nurses learn from world-wide experts
• Inspires paediatric nurses to be leaders in their field
• Provides content and resources to educate and inform paediatric nurses
• Is an opinion leader and advocate on issues of importance to paediatric nurses across all communities
Continuing Professional Development Portal
Making your CPD requirements so much easier to fulfill