Burnout / Compassion Fatigue impacts the nurse both professionally and personally and has a negative impact on patient care and the organisation in which they are employed. Self-care has a positive impact on the prevention of compassion fatigue and burnout in health professionals.
Education on the early signs of burnout and the encouragement of a personal self-care program is a matter of importance to the nursing profession.
In this video learning activity, you will:
- Receive information on Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
- Gain an awareness of the early signs and symptoms of Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
- Gain an understanding of how important Self Care is in preventing Burnout and Self Care
- Acquire Knowledge on The Five Aspects of Self Care
- Receive information on key factors from each of The Five Aspects, to help you with your own Self Care
This learning activity is one hour in duration. 1 hour of active learning = 1 CPD hour
You will receive a certificate after completing a short quiz to use in your professional development portfolio.