- 1 (Registered)
This half-hour video module is aimed at health professionals and provides an overview of medical management of eating disorders in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. It forms part of a suite of five video modules including:
- Module 1 Introduction to Eating Disorders
- Module 2 Screening and Assessment
- Module 3 Medical Management
- Module 4 Nutritional Management
- Module 5 Recovery focused Psychological Strategies
Eating Disorders Medical Managment Learning Outcomes
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Describe the medical and nutritional care that may be required to treat eating disorders;
- Gain an understanding of and ability to respond in an empathic way to the high levels of ambivalence and fear of change in people with eating disorders;
- Acquire knowledge of the standards for safe treatment;
- Explain the impact of starvation on the brain
This video was kindly provided by National Eating Disorders Collaboration (NEDC) and is available to watch for FREE.
To receive a CPD certificate, please create a free account and complete the quiz to accompany the NEDC webinar.
Please note, the webinar takes 30 minutes to watch and the Quiz takes up to 15 minutes to complete = up to 45 minutes of claimable CPD!
For more information about the content raised in these videos, please see this handout.