- 2 (Registered)
This half-hour video module is aimed at health and helping professionals and provides an overview of nutritional management of eating disorders in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. It forms part of a suite of five video modules including:
- Module 1 Introduction to Eating Disorders
- Module 2 Screening and Assessment
- Module 3 Medical Management
- Module 4 Nutritional Management
- Module 5 Recovery focused Psychological Strategies
Eating Disorders Nutritional Managment Learning Outcomes
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Undertake a comprehensive dietetic assessment in relation to eating disorders;
- Explain the purpose of weight gain for people with malnutrition;
- Recall the risks associated with refeeding syndrome and the need for specialist care in nutritional restoration;
- Provide appropriate follow up for people referred for treatment, and to manage a person with an eating disorder who is waiting for treatment;
This video was kindly provided by National Eating Disorders Collaboration (NEDC) and is available to watch for FREE.
To receive a CPD certificate, please create a free account and complete the quiz to accompany the NEDC webinar.
Please note, the webinar takes 30 minutes to watch and the Quiz takes up to 15 minutes to complete = up to 45 minutes of claimable CPD!
For more information about the content raised in these videos, please see this handout.