- 0 (Registered)
This half-hour video module is aimed at health professionals, including nurses, and provides an introduction to screening and assessment for eating disorders. It forms part of a suite of five video modules including:
- Module 1 Introduction to Eating Disorders
- Module 2 Screening and Assessment
- Module 3 Medical Management
- Module 4 Nutritional Management
- Module 5 Recovery focused Psychological Strategies
Eating Disorders Screening and Assessment Learning Outcomes
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Recognise the signs of disordered eating and eating disorders and describe the associated health risks;
- Take a preliminary case history, use screening and assessment tools and assess for safety;
- Refer people with eating disorders to relevant community based, secondary or tertiary services, including responding to critical cases;
- Engage parents, carers and significant others and assess their concerns when a person may be minimising their eating disorder.
This video was kindly provided by National Eating Disorders Collaboration (NEDC) and is available to watch for FREE.
To receive a CPD certificate, please create a free account and complete the quiz to accompany the NEDC webinar.
Please note, the webinar takes 30 minutes to watch and the Quiz takes up to 15 minutes to complete = up to 45 minutes of claimable CPD!
For more information about the content raised in these videos, please see this handout.
Eating Disorders: Screening and Assessment