- 31 (Registered)
ABOUT THE COURSE
This half-hour video module is aimed at health and helping professionals and provides an introduction to eating disorders. It forms part of a suite of five video modules coming soon to The Paediatric Nurse including:
- Module 1: Introduction to Eating Disorders
- Module 2: Screening and Assessment
- Module 3: Medical Management
- Module 4: Nutritional Management
- Module 5: Recovery focused Psychological Strategies (coming soon)
In this session, you will:
- Explore the misconceptions of eating disorders
- Acquire knowledge about the changes in the brain that occur with eating disorders
- Gain an awareness of the multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of eating disorders
- Explain how eating disorders can affect many aspects of a person’s life
This video was kindly provided by National Eating Disorders Collaboration (NEDC) and is available to watch for FREE.
To receive a CPD certificate, please create a free account and complete the quiz to accompany the NEDC webinar.
Please note, the webinar takes 30 minutes to watch and the Quiz takes up to 15 minutes to complete = up to 45 minutes of claimable CPD!
About The Paediatric Nurse
Our StoryThe Paediatric Nurse was founded by Brooke Batchelor, a paediatric nurse and qualified teacher, after she experienced the frustration of finding affordable and accessible continuing professional development that was relevant to her paediatric nursing practice. Through this frustration, she decided to set up an online platform that assisted paediatric nurses in meeting their continuing professional development (CPD) annual registration standard requirement, with the Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia. In August 2018, The Paediatric Nurse CPD/CE platform was launched and began delivering live and recorded webinars featuring expert speakers from all over the world.
Our VisionWe believe that with access to relevant, affordable and evidence-based professional development, all members of the paediatric healthcare team can provide opportunities for children & their families to have a voice and receive care that is meets all of their needs. Our profit-for-purpose business model ensures a sustainable, long-term goal of improving paediatric healthcare experiences through programs that fund paediatric post-graduate training for nurses, funding hospital familiarisation programs and supporting play therapy programs to assist with aftercare or post-hospitalisation readjustment. We look forward to a future where children feel part of the decision making in their care and suffer no trauma related to their healthcare experience.
Our MissionWe exist so that you can receive evidence-based CPD/CE that is affordable, accessible and relevant to your practice by breaking down the barriers that prevent you from meeting with the experts. AND We exist to advocate for children in healthcare ensuring that they receive care that considers the whole child within the context of their family and the effects that the care they receive may have on their emotional wellbeing.
- Empowerment – by providing engaging and relevant CPD/CE opportunities, we hope to influence the future directions of paediatric healthcare in Australia
- Advocacy – we take child health and protection seriously and as registered nurses, we aim to advocate for Australian children to ensure their needs and rights are met
- Access – the opportunity to speak directly to the experts and access the latest in evidenced-based care
- Community – we encourage the essence of community and connection by making this space just as much yours as it is ours- your suggestions are always valued!
- Passionate – our love for paediatric nursing is infectious
- Selfcare – when nurses look after their own health & wellbeing, their practice can soar to new heights
- Is an international online membership community that champions the success of paediatric nurses the world over
- We provide continuing professional development (CPD) education/CE, training, resources and support for nurses via our online membership and social media channels
- Helping paediatric nurses learn from world-wide experts
- Inspires paediatric nurses to be leaders in their field
- Provides content and resources to educate and inform paediatric nurses
- Is an opinion leader and advocate on issues of importance to paediatric nurses across all communities.